The Quarantine [Part 2]: Quarantine Glow

Part two of the Quarantine series, and in this post I'm going to talk about how the quarantine live affects my body and my mental state.  Pretty excited talking about these things because I definitely believe that there aren't many people who're on the same boat regarding my opinion and my experience.

How's my body during this quarantine period?  I'd say great.  Having stuck inside my house is actually crucial because I prefer working out indoor.  I do daily workout (mostly yoga and core-focused cardio), and I think that is enough to keep the diseases away.  I also enjoy being sweaty from doing house chores.

I'd say that it is true that the density of my muscles isn't as good as before. And it took longer to actually grow a new muscle.  This due to the absence of the long stair walk and my hectic movement on campus.

But overall I'm content with my body.  I think I should change my cardio set in order to ripe up.


TMI: I love working on my lovehandles lol

Does my face change?  Not really.  I'm still the same old me, but less exposed to UV rays.  I rarely put on makeup simply because I don't go outside to meet people.  Sometimes I do, when I have Zoom meetings or important video call.

I don't feel like my face is improving, too.  Like... the old complexes are still there.  A lot of girls on social media went through a series of face masks and other skincare rituals, but all I do is wash my face with facial wash twice a day.  I don't feel like pampering myself, and I don't know why.

I remember my Mom showed me a meme a few days ago, written: I  salute girls who do their skincare in the middle of quarantine!  This shows that you took care of yourself not because you wanted to look good for other people, but because you #LoveYourself.

I smirked and laughed satirically.  "I don't even put skincare whether it's quarantine or not."
Rarely put on makeup (only for meetings only), skincare? meh.  I put skincare only if I am in the mood to (which rarely happens).  But there are small changes, I feel like my skin kinda gets a little clear than before. Might be the fact that I am not exposed to pollution and I drink lots of water all time.

Is quarantine glow a real thing, then?  Yes, it is.  I'm taking my time slowly, enjoying how I slowly but surely shaping my body and my mind.

Oh yeah, by the way, I reduced my screen time on Instagram, LINE, and Twitter.  It's amazing.  At this point, I am really sure that I am a certified #JOMO person.  Gotta write a post about this topic soon.

How are you taking care of your body and mind during this quarantine?  Do you feel a lot happier?  Cheers.

Komentar

Popular Posts