The Quarantine [Part 3]: Hobbies I Picked Up

People have been discovering new hobbies and talents in this time of pandemic, and I am also one of them.  Putting Baekho (aka my workout motivation)'s picture here because it's his birthday yesterday.


Happy 26th (Korean age) birthday, Kang Dongho!



I noticed that a lot of my friends cook and bake things.  It really is a great hobby, a beneficial one.  I would like to cook or bake too, but I think I have no talent when it comes to the kitchen, lol.  I can cook, but I can't do something experimental.

I do exercise every day to the point that I feel my day's not complete if I haven't done any workout, so I think it could be considered as a hobby.  I enjoy sweating more than I used to be.  When it comes to moving, I think I'm always pretty excited.

Other than exercising, I'm actually currently learning a new musical instrument!  It is indeed a bitter fact, but I admitted to myself that I'm not improving at playing the guitar.  I get stuck at the same level.  As long as I can play the chords, I think I'm fine.  This leads me to think that I'm better at playing an instrument that emits numerical notes instead of chords.  I'm currently playing this new (yet another string-related) instrument every day, trying to bond and get the hang of it.  Can you guess what is the instrument I'm playing?  I'm going to put a halt on my #150SongsChallenge on Instagram and actually work on a new short challenge that will showcase a video of me playing it.

Got my fingers like this from playing every day.  I have no regret, though.


I am also currently in love with sewing and embroidery.  Last week, I DIY'ed my dad's shirt into a skirt and I can't wait to actually use it as my daily campus-wear.  I also made a clutch bag and decorated some basket and flower pot!  The clutch bag is still on-process though.



I also picked up gardening from my mom.  My favourite plants are the one that's relatively small in size.  These are my cactus babies and a basil sprout I planted last week.  Arent they cute??



It's kinda hard to write nowadays.  I still do bullet journal and I write down my thoughts, feelings, and the dreams I dreamt every night, but apparently, it's hard to write a story//fiction.  I have tons of projects to write, be it a novel project or a one-shot project.  It's been a month since I last wrote a fiction.  This writer block is killing me slowly.  I am determined that I start working on a one-shot project once I posted this blog entry.

Reading has been quite hard, too!  I am currently reading an old English novel book from the 70s.  The language used is hard to comprehend because it's old English.  I still have half of the book to finish tho...  I hope I can actually finish it by the end of the week and write a review of it.

Just a quick penny of mine.  I feel kind of envious to some of my friends.  Since the term ended, I know they have been working part-time and actually earning money.  I do feel envious because they have their own income and actually is doing something productive.  But yesterday I thought about it a lot and even had a discussion with some of my friends.

We should really take a different approach when it comes to things like this.  Though I'm not earning money and I stay inside all the time, I should be grateful for my condition.  Every time I do my hobbies, it's like giving myself a chance to recover, to relax.  My time is being paid with new skills and inner peace.  I used to think what I'm doing is not worth it because I don't receive the result physically.

But hey, even the fact that I can do my hobby is already something wonderful I should be grateful for.  Not all of my friends are actually able to do their hobby, let alone improve oneself in their topic of interest.  Once again, God taught me to be grateful and content with my own condition.  Everyone's condition has its own pro and con.

What kind of activities you've been doing lately? Are you happy with it?  Please don't forget to always be thankful for whatever you are currently doing.  Cheers.


Komentar

Popular Posts