Life Update: Getting Used to My Title as a Remote Worker

 



Shoot, another entry after a long hiatus.  Well, time to get up and start religiously writing again.

Back when I last posted my writing on this blog, I have never thought that I would undergo some huge changes in my life.  Since I graduated college, my main focus in life has been revolving around work just like what my normal peers would experience.  Though, I think mine's a bit unique from the others.

As a quick round-up, I finally finished two of my internship programs.  One from a well-known language institute in Jakarta and one from a business company in Singapore.  I met great people and have been maintaining good contacts with some of them.

I've been doing freelance work as a translator but then the time finally came as I got employed as a full--time translator in a Chinese company.  This also emphasized my status as a remote worker.

I have never experienced working in a physical office; one where I need to travel to get into.  There are a lot of pros and cons regarding this, though.  To sum it up in a single sentence: it's good since I don't have to waste my time and money commuting.  The downside though? I feel pretty much isolated since I work inside my house almost 98% of the time and I can only feel the 'online presence' of my coworkers.

Being a remote worker allowed me to work anywhere as long as I have my devices and an internet connection.  I spent a good chunk of time living in Bali for quite some time (50% going on a holiday trip and the rest 50% working inside) and I'm planning on creating an article and a blog post regarding my time in Bali.

Oh, do I have to mention that we, remote workers, can also experience gut-wrenching loneliness and inferiority when it comes to seeing our peers working in a regular office?  Yup, that's a thing.  Might explain this later in another post.

How's life?  Well, currently I'm doing pretty okay.  I exercised a lot nowadays and I've been working out regularly for two weeks now (with 2 days rest day each week).  I can definitely feel I lost some fat around my arms.  It might take a lot to get my quarantine abs back, though...

Just wanted to drop by and write this short update.  I have so many drafts to finish and so many ideas to write... I just need to regularly open and update this blog.

Enjoy some pictures I took while I was in Bali!








See you in my next post, (hopefully) next week.

Komentar

Popular Posts